Post 16 Curriculum
At Bents Green Post-16 our curriculum aims to provide:
- Students with a structured and challenging learning programme that supports their development and progression in line with their career plans. Tailored to the individual aspirations and needs of students, in discussion with the student
- Substantial qualifications that stretch students and prepare them for education at the next level, for employment or independent living.
- English and Maths where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 4.
- Work experience to give students the opportunity to develop their career choices
- Other non-qualification activity to develop students’ character, broader skills, attitudes and confidence, and to support progression and life skills.
Our learner journey
Our students will follow either Pathway 2 or Pathway 3
Our Curriculum model is made up of the Core Subjects English, Maths, Careers and ICT
Four Preparation for Adulthood (PfA) outcomes
and Enhancement subjects.
Pathway 2 students will complete
Pathway 3 students will complete
An example weekly timetable